THIS WEEK'S QUESTIONS
February 11 | The Blessed Life - Week 2
1. Read Exodus 23:19; 34:22, 26; Lev. 2:12, 14; 23:9-10 Num. 18:13. What is the repeating theme? What did God mean when He challenged the people to give of their first fruits in Deuteronomy 14:22-23? Define your first fruits? How do some people give last fruits or not fruits?
2. What is the promise of Proverbs 3:9-10? How does that promise relate to the blessing God has promised today in our daily lives with our culture? What might that look like in your life in past experiences or in the future?
3. How is Monday or Friday the first day of the week for some people? What should be our first day and what should we do on our first day according to 1 Corinthians 16:2; Ex. 20: 8; Numbers 28:11, 14-15, 18?
4. Read Malachi 3:10-12. What do you think the “whole” tithe means and why do you think God intentionally uses that concept? What does “test God” mean and what does it not mean? What do you think God’s promise means in this passage? Take time to pray that over yourself and others.
5. How did God give His first? Why is tithe not really giving but returning?What does it mean that we are stewards not owners in respect to the blessings of God? How would you like to test the promise of God in your effort to give of all of your firsts (time, talent, treasure)?
LAST WEEK'S QUESTIONS
february 4 | The blessed life - week 1
1. In Genesis 22:1, who test Abraham? Who else tests us and what other things can test us? Share an example of a time you were tested.
2. Discover in the following verses where Abraham showed a faith that believed God would provide. Genesis. 22:5-8; Hebrews 11:19. Discuss a season in your life that you had a confidence that God would supply for you and how God was faithful. Why is it hard to trust God to provide?
3. Read Genesis 22:9-10. How could a 100+ year old man hold down a potential late teen/young adult man? What was Isaac’s response of words or actions? Could this be a sign of the submissive faith of Isaac, as well as his fathers? Could you have done that with your son?
4. What was the reply from the angel in Genesis 22:12? What was provided for Abraham and Isaac? What did Abraham name the place and what does it mean?
5. Read the blessing of Genesis 22:16 and pray it over your life. But before you do, what are the things that you are withholding that you need to tie up and lay on the altar before God so that God will grant you His blessing of not withholding anything from him?